As business owners, managing and staying on top of your game can be daunting. It is difficult to grow your business, expand your audience reach and engagement, produce appealing content, market your goods/services, and increase your ROI all at once! We’ve compiled a list of helpful hints and reminders from Florida Realtor, to help you make sure you’re staying on top of your game!
1.Meet Challenges Head On– Technology and trends evolve every day. Stay on top of the changes in your industry and if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again! Research what is best practice in your line of expertise and apply your knowledge. Only 8% of goal-setters actually reach their goals. Ask yourself what your level of commitment is and reflect on what you can do to improve, even if it seems difficult at first.
2. Become A Valuable Resource– The way you brand yourself and your business is key to what is interpreted by your audience. Portray the traits you’d look for if you were seeking help in the industry your company is part of. Educate yourself on topics you may not be familiar with and become an expert. Having answers first-hand eliminates the unknown in your customer’s mind and establishes your credibility, in turn creating brand trust. Always continue to learn. According to Harvard Business Review, executives and managers spend an average of two hours less a day than general employees of companies. This adds up to about 700 hours a year of time rather spent in meetings and minimal day-to-day concerns! Invest in the big picture. If you are not sure about a certain topic, research it! Most businesses lose potential customers because their questions couldn’t get answered quickly enough, so they in turn, go with the next best thing. Don’t become an alternative.
3. Give Your Brand Life- Having a strategy and tactics to carry out that strategy are more important than ever, but keep in mind, your competitors are just as well-versed in industry best practices as you are. So how will you get people to choose you over them? Incorporate the unique characteristics that make you, you when planning your strategy and be transparent. A study showed that over 90% of consumers are more likely to be brand loyal if a brand is fully transparent. Every aspect of your brand personality should come through when communicating with clients.
4. Give Some of it Away Free!– Giving perspective new business a free consultation is a great way for them to get a sneak peek as to what you offer and the work you are capable of doing! We live in a world where the majority of information is in cyberspace. Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second. One can simply Google “How to…” and in 0.2 seconds, they have thousands of answers available. Live streams, online consulting, and Q&A’s, are just a few ways people can acquire information at their fingertips. If you offer a free consultation, or maybe a sample of your product for someone to try, they get a taste of what you can do for them and hopefully come back for more.
5. Visual Content is Key– Studies indicate that visual content gets about 94% more views than content without any visual accompaniment. Empower your audience via the channels you exist on. Social media is a powerful tool. Every photo or graphic you post should have a purpose. Think about the goal of posting that photo before posting it and make sure that the copy that goes with it corresponds with that goal.
6. Help Your Community– Becoming active in causes and organizations that are industry-related is essential. Research shows that cause sponsorship is predicted to reach an astounding $2.14 billion by the end of the year. The majority (about 92%) of consumers have a better perception about brands that support a social or environmental cause, and that number is on the rise. Not only does your support show that you care about the well-being of your community, but your compassion brings a humanistic element to your brand that so many businesses lack. Being able to relate to your audience and contributing to causes that help others through giving, volunteering, and philanthropy will help you stand out among your competition and force you out of your comfort zone. Every time your business steps out of its comfort zone, you reach another stepping stone towards your goals!
Next time you find yourself overwhelmed and evaluating which tasks should take priority, think back to this simple checklist. Sometimes a little reflection is all we need to push ourselves in the right direction! To help you stay ahead of your competition, contact Amaniac Design!